banner

02 May 2011

Something to ponder upon


I have these verses and hadiths to remind myself and others. I was so distracted by one post on Facebook by my friend today who was suggesting the idea that if you don't follow what the teaching preaches you to do, then don't use Quranic verses to advice others. Isn't that suggesting that all of us are not allowed to remind ourselves and others since all of us has committed sins before which is against the teaching of Islam. My senior, Miqdad who happened to tell me so many good things (my naqib) once said that if we want to give advice or say good things to others, it is okay to do so but we must try to change ourselves too. He said it is from a hadith  but I could not look for it. So, let's take a journey to really think about what Allah SWT or Prophet Muhammad SAW told us and keep reminding each and everyone of us even though I am not perfect person to tell you so. If humans cannot not make mistakes as a precondition to advice others, then no one will ever do so except Prophet Muhammad SAW (maksum). We are not always perfect, but Allah SWT has created the world in an orderly manner. When people do mistakes, sometimes those who always do bad things will come to tell you to do good things. If you happen to be the bad person like me, let's change or hijrah and do as what we tell others to do. This idea is open for discussion if you don't agree with me. 



Surely in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.
Quran, [13:28]



If you are thankful, I will give you more.

Quran 14:7




Believers are those who, when God is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord

— Quran 8:2





And be moderate (or show no arrogance) in your walking, and lower your voice
[Luqmaan 31:19]







Rasulullah (SAW) said, “There are two kinds of people worth     envying: someone whom Allah has made rich and who spends his money righteously, and someone whom Allah has given wisdom and who acts according to it and teaches it to others.” (Al-Bukhari)



The Chukai Insider




No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be deleted except comments from 'anonymous' people I know. Please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. The Chukai Insider also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments.