banner

15 September 2011

Kota Kinabalu Trip 2011

It feels like the Raya Holiday has gone very fast. I came back from Chukai to Miri with a mission- getting myself a motorbike. Alhamdulillah, I have the rezeki and my du'a has been granted by Allah SWT. Finally, my father gave his approval for me to buy a motorcycle. The story will be featured in a different post. 

Another thing that made me excited was the trip to Kota Kinabalu or KK in Sabah. The plan to go there came as a little bit fast and unintended for my friends and me. We were not planning it but some other friends out of our Assabiah-ism (that's what we call ourselves since many of our friends always think that they are really hard to join our 6 group of people) invited us. Alhamdulillah again for Allah SWT has us to get to know more people and make more friends in a very unexpected ways.

Kota Kinabalu is one of the most beautiful places in Malaysia. It's really good for your money too. It worth to spend some money just to go to Kota Kinabalu only. I really should thank my friends who invited me to go along with them to KK. 

I plan to tell the stories of Kota Kinabalu as detail as possible and the upcoming posts will be as short as possible but filled with tonnes of photos. Overall, I really like KK even the airport- the main terminal, not the low-cost for sure.

I know I tend to be heartless and do not satisfy and feel other's warmth easily but I find that I can smile and be very nice to the Sabahans easily. You want to know why? Because Sabahans are such warm and delightful people. 

How could not someone be very happy (note: I don't get satisfied with sour faces at local immigration officers at other places) when the immigration officers treat you as 'new' friends? They even ask what degree are you doing (if you're still a student, of course!) and when you mentioned 'Geology', an immigration officer replied 'Oh, nak kaji batu dekat Kinabalu la ni!' (Translation: Oh, that means you want to study the rocks in KK lah!) To other immigration officers in Malaysia, this kind of simple thing that made people feel welcomed. Not the tallest tower that they will remember but the sweet chubby immigration officer with the name of a football player will be in their hearts. How can you beat that? 

Another story to tell about the warmth of the KK-ians- the cashier and waiter at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport. Yes, sometimes Malaysians cross the line when they try to be friendly but that's all relative. While Asha Gill wrote in her fortnightly column in The Star that sometimes it crosses the privacy line, I beg to differ. We are Malaysians- we really want to know about other people. We tend to get to know other people and from there, we get to care each other and treat them the right way. At the KFC, a cashier even laughed with my friends and me when we made jokes. For some people, it is not good but hey man, isn't that fantastic that someone who does not know you feel the same excitement that you have in a vacation?

More to come about KK. In one word about KK- AWESOME!-The Chukai Insider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be deleted except comments from 'anonymous' people I know. Please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. The Chukai Insider also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments.