Malaysian media make brouhaha when our Deputy Prime Minister said he's a Malay first, Malaysian second. Another wave of brouhaha came when Minister in Prime Minister's Department, Nazri Aziz said this:
" I am a Malaysian first and Malay next. Does any bigot have a problem with that? "
Woo, slow down mister! Don't you see this as very interesting? If you part of my social circle, many of you would realise that I am inclined towards BN for most of time. I am still inclined towards BN/UMNO now even though I can't vote yet. However, when I felt was treated like a lab rat during PPSMI implementation, I think I have the right to tell them about my opinion.
Hey Ministers, for so long the Governments in the world exist, they should not have differing views regarding any matter. Furthermore, this is about race you are talking about, and it's here in Malaysia. Let's say if you are Amin, Ain, Ainul, Apek, Farrah, Intan, Liyana and whoever you are in the streets who have no power at all, what would you answer to my question; Are you a Malay first or Malaysian first? Jawab jangan tak jawab.
You tanya pulak I ye? Ni I nak jawab.
1. My father is considered pure Malay from his physical look, but his family tree can be traced back to the people in Siam's Pattani.
2. My mother, who has her birth certificate saying she is a Malay, but physically she looks like a Hindustan actress! Her father came from Kerala, India( fyi, ni tempat datuk Dr.M juga ye!) and he was a Malayalam. Her mother came from Javanese island through Johor during Japanese occupation. So, I guess it became like this; Malayalam + Javanese = Melayu!
3.Ingat tak Datuk Sheikh Fadzir, yang jadi Menteri Pelancongan yang selalu ikat bow tie tak kira masa tu. You tengok muka dia macam muka orang apa? Dia Menteri UMNO. So, dia Melayu lah kan? Kalu Samy Vellu masuk Islam sebelum Merdeka dulu, mesti dia boleh masuk UMNO, tak de la tersekat jadi Works Minister lama-lama sangat! Does any bigot have a problem with that? Woo, takutnye..
4.Okay la, kalu macam tu I consider my parents are both Malay, so I'm supposedly a Malay la yek? If you look at my sisters and my brother, look at their faces. And then you go watch old P.Ramlee movies, you notice any similar faces with my siblings. And then, you watch National Geographic documentary or Jejak Rasul ke, look at the Nepalese or the people in Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and other -istans, and you can see my brother, Faizrul to be among them. Hahahaha!
5. Let's see if I say I'm a Malaysian first, what that means? Bangsa Malaysia? Dulu belajar tapi dah tak ingat sebab our education system kan rote learning, so not my fault la. (Alasan!)
6. I speak Malay and English only..and Arabic tu kalu nak sembahyang, and banyak tak tahu maksud. So I ni Malay ke tak ni? If I am a Malaysian, I must speak rojak you know. Rojak English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil. So Malaysian kan? But the Malay linguists marah you know!!! They all said ni merosakkan our Malay language!!! Tak boleh campur English dengan Melayu ni. Ma fan betul la diorang ni! Tapi kalu Waheeda nyanyi ' ma da ta gho, hakadawakada mafi aya diinaaa, tak kira masa..wasssini' tu takpe sebab dia cakap Arab.. Melayu ni kalu cakap Arab campur Melayu tu takpe. Ana anta tu tak sama ke dengan you and I? Wow, discrimination of language nampak. Ke you jealous orang boleh cakap campur English Melayu? Ke you tak nak orang Melayu cakap English sebab you nak suruh anak you all yang hantar kat International School tu je pandai cakap English biar diorang je dapat keje? Ala, takkan you tak sedar banyak anak menteri hantar luar negara biar tak pandai mana pun, asal boleh cakap English, yang bodoh kat kampung nak ajar Science and Maths dalam English tak boleh, dia tak kasi..nanti lagi pandai dari anak diorang pulak..
7. Banyak membebel kan I ni? Tu la salah satu characteristics orang Melayu, so I pun Melayu la..kan?
8. In Utusan Melayu, mufti Perak said from The Holy Al-Quran (al-Hujerat:13) that, we are all created into nations and tribes, so that we know each other. Pandai-pandaila fikir sendiri.
So, I am a Malay first and a Malaysian first too. Because without one of them, I would not be one of them.
By the way, you all dengar ke pembangkang cakap dia Malay ke Malaysian first? Orang UMNO je la yang diorang suruh cakap. Woo, panas panas kalau kita tanya Chinese, kang dia kata kita racist plak, dia tanya kita tak racist. Tanyala Ziao Dong ke Hindraf ke...
So, you Malay first, Chinese first, Indian first OR Malaysian first? Jawab jangan tak jawab!
-The Chukai Insider