banner

27 April 2011

Alhamdulillah

I have been enjoying my holiday  the way I like it. I have lots of assignments and a presentation to be prepared for next week. Currently, I'm still working on my geosequestration of carbon dioxide report and underground water presentation. I would have never thought that I would fell in love with geology. Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory may call it as 'science of the dirt people'. Studying geology has changed me a little. I became more grateful towards Allah SWT for sending me to Sarawak instead of to Seattle. I had bad experiences in KTJ and the people in Curtin made me feel everything is nice. Eventhough there are many shortcomings and no things comparable to the life in KTJ, this is far better. It makes me happy. Alhamdulillah.

When I study rocks and minerals, I feel pretty blessed with what I'm doing. I know everyone must have probably thought that sometimes you may see things differently and that change you into a different person. When I look at my friends all around the world, in places I wanted to be before, I couldn't feel much better about me. The saying that Allah knows best rings true to my ears now. Studying geology made me feel closer to Allah. 

Yesterday, someone called me to look at something. He said it was a matter of life and death. When I came there, he directed me to look at something on the most famous social networking site. It was about his friend's friend. He wrote something that is unacceptable for any muslim that consider him/herself as the servant of Allah. When I read his statements, I knew his aqidah has been shaken. I read his ideas many many times. The more I read them, the more I think that this guy is really really just like me. From his ideas and the way he wrote the statements, I was pretty sure that he was a debater. His way of writing is mostly the same like me when I argue with others. 

I read his profile and he is studying in the University that I was supposed to go if Allah has let me to. That was when I think that Allah really loves me. I was so grateful. I don't know if you can see the connection or not but something in my heart says it is. I was thinking that if I was given the chance, if I was not educated about Islam properly, if I was not looking for Allah in tough times, I would have turned to be like him. Maybe these are just words but when I was reading his sentences, it feels like they really are my sentences. It really feels like they are my writings. I don't know how to describe this but the feelings made me feel grateful about everything. 

I was grateful that Allah has given me the privilege to remember Him in tough times in my life. If you know me really well, I used to be very very very outspoken that I don't care to hurt people as long as I know I am on the right side. Events changed me and it turned out to be the best way. Sometimes, events changed people but not towards the good direction. For me, Alhamdulillah that I think it is towards a better life. 

I feel so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be deleted except comments from 'anonymous' people I know. Please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. The Chukai Insider also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments.