banner

24 August 2011

Study Marathon

It has been a while since the last time I wrote something for this blog. Yes, I was a little bit occupied, but was not busy in the last few weeks. Get it? 

It is like a habit to me to write something when it is close to tests or exams. Forget the weekly tests that I have always. Now, this is the last week of this year's Ramadhan. If you ask me, I would say Ramadhan is a tarbiyah month. And what do you feel about leaving Ramadhan this year? Of course most of us remember Raya Celebration. I cannot help it either. But maybe we can grow or outgrow ourselves to become like the friends/sahabat of Rasulullah S.A.W who always feel sad leaving Ramadhan. If we have tried and with the right intention (niat), Allah S.W.T will help us. I will leave myself a simple question to ponder during this Hari Raya- how have the last Ramadhan changed myself? How did I graduate from the last Ramadhan; excellent, mediocre or with just plain hungry and thirst? 

I have three tests this week. Geology 102 Structural Practical, Chemistry 144 and Geoscience, Environment and Society. The first two are hard but the latter needs supper tonnes of reading! Well, I call this to myself and my friends- let's study with the right intention but struggle hard to keep our marks high! From there, we can see how our intention is aligned from what Allah S.W.T obliged us to do. If we have the right intention, not just for the sake of exam, but for the sake of Allah S.W.T then He surely will help us. 

Berdoalah kepada Tuhanmu dengan merendah diri dan suara yang lembut. Sesungguhnya Allah tidak menyukai orang-orang yang melampaui batas. Dan janganlah kamu membuat kerosakan di muka bumi, sesudah (Allah) memperbaikinya dan berdoalah kepdaNya dengan rasa takut (tidak akan diterima) dan harapan (akan dikabulkan). Sesungguhnya rahmat Allah amat dekat kepada orang-orang yang berbuat baik. (Surah al-A'raf: 55-56)


SurahAl-Mu’minuun, 118:
Dan berdoalah (wahai Muhammad dengan berkata): "WAHAI TUHANKU, BERIKANLAH AMPUN DAN KURNIAKAN RAHMAT, DAN SEMEMANGNYA ENGKAULAH SAHAJA SEBAIK-BAIK PEMBERI RAHMAT!"

If you find difficulties in  your studies, always remember that it is sometimes for our own good. 

"Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesuatu, padahal ia amat baik bagimu, dan boleh jadi (pula) kamu menyukai sesuatu, padahal ia amat buruk bagimu; Allah Maha Mengetahui, sedang kamu tidak mengetahui." (Surah al-Baqara: 216)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be deleted except comments from 'anonymous' people I know. Please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. The Chukai Insider also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments.