banner

29 April 2011

Infaq :)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.
I just heard an amazing talk by Dr. Fauziah Hj Mohd Hasan, a well known activist and gynaecologist in Malaysia. She has done a lot of humanitarian work with Mercy Malaysia and Aqsa Syarif and her talk was just downright inspiring. My favourite quote from her was,

"You all are always amazed and ask me how I can do so many things in my life but actually, it's only because I am older than you."

Well,OK,that's not exactly how she said it but you get the picture. Anyways, there is so much we can do if we are just willing to get our asses out of the comfort zone and just give a little. For starters, check this website out: http://www.aqsasyarif.org.my/penajaan/

With only RM35 contribution per month, you can sponsor one Palestinian child's education for a year. That's nothing compared to what we spend eating out at Pizza Hut, KFC and even the mamak stalls. So like I said, give a little. 

Diriwayatkan dari Abu Hurairah ra. : "Seorang lelaki menemui Nabi Muhammad Saw dan bertanya, “ya Rasulullah Saw, sedekah apakah yang paling utama?” Nabi Muhammad Saw menjawab, “sedekah yang kau berikan ketika kau dalam keadaan sehat, kikir dan takut terhadap kemiskinan dan menginginkan kekayaan. Janganlah menunggu sampai dekatnya saat kematian dengan mengatakan, ‘untuk si fulan sekian, dan untuk si fulan sekian, dan harta tersebut telah menjadi milik ahli warisnya’”. 

One more thing, THIS BOOK, From Beirut to Jerusalem by Ang Swee Chai,is really good! I only managed to read 3/4 of it cause I borrowed it from my friend and had only 3 days to read it. I don't usually read journals/autobiographies/biographies and all cause I usually find them boring. But the way the author wrote this book was exceptional. It's a great book, I promise. It will certainly open your eyes to many things. Although it's about events that happened between 1982-1987, I still consider them relevant to life today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be deleted except comments from 'anonymous' people I know. Please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. The Chukai Insider also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments.