banner

22 October 2011

MyBooks Vs. Facebook


 اللَّهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلَّا مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً وَ إنْتَ تَحْعَلُ الْحزْنَ إذَا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً
Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altu sahla, wa 'anta taj-alul hazna idha shi'ta sahla

"O Allah!  There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will"


I got the inspiration of the title of the post from this blog. It is a really nice blog and I would recommend my future wife to read it. Haha!I am in Study Week now means that I am in study mode all the time. I made a little but significant changes during this study period time. It happened accidentally actually.

I have always visited my friends/seniors in Lakeside apartments which are just walking distance from campus. The place would be the place for lepak and most importantly for me to get naps in between lectures.But 4 days ago, one of them invited me to stay there so that we could study together although all of them are not taking the same subjects as me. 

I ended up studying there day and night for the past three days. Alhamdulillah!

My laptop was not there, Facebook was very limited since I don't want to use their laptops as they are fully occupied with theirs studies too and so I was left with my study materials only. There was nothing else to do but studying.

What I really sure about this is that the learning process was much less stressful and more effective. I am really afraid of my Resource Geology section of Geology 102 right since there are so many things and terms to remember and sometimes you get lost or mixed up. I really hope Statistics will not be as hard as last semester's unit. The Geoscience? I think I might use my 'bullshiting' skills to make my answers look 'credible' and 'smart'. 

But it could get worse if my laptop was around. I Facebook (although you may not see me posting much) and check The Malaysian Insider, Huffington Post, The Star and NSTOnline very very regularly if my laptop was around. During lunch, dinner or tea I might have Friends or The Big Bang Theory on the screen and ended up watching 3 episodes which would have wasted 2 hours of my study time. So, I really recommend you to study without your laptop around. Print the notes- they don't get the trees from the jungle to be processed into paper, they planted them. So, to the so-called environmentalist (whom I guess using 'paper' bags to buy grocery) no need to worry about being not religiously environmental conscious. I love this hadith posted on the blog.  

The Chukai Insider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be deleted except comments from 'anonymous' people I know. Please refrain from comments of a racist, sexist, vulgar or derogatory nature and note that comments can be edited, rewritten for clarity or to avoid questionable issues. The Chukai Insider also reserve the right to delete off-topic comments.