Wikipedia has probably helped millions of the netizens to gain knowledge and facts. However, when you look at these artists saying scientific facts which are just plainly stupid, you might wonder which Wikipedia they referred to. Or did they just referred to the '1001 Stupid Science Facts You Should Know'? Here are some of what among famous American celebrities say about things related to science. Interestingly, there is one coming from American presidential candidate. How lucky the North Koreans would be if the presidential candidate made President of the USA. The list of stupid science facts/hypotheses were compiled by Sense about Science (SAS), an organisation that aims itself to 'equip people to make sense of scientific and medical claims in public discussion'.
- "I don't really like the beach. I hate sharks, and the water's all whale sperm. That's why the ocean's salty."- Nicole Polizzi
- Facts: "It would take a lot of whale sperm to make the sea that salty,"- Simon Boxall, a marine expert and oceanographer
- Even my little sister knows that what Polizzi said is wrong.
- Facts: "Sore throats do not come from your colon; they are caused by viruses that come in through your nose and mouth. Taking 'colon cleansers' has no beneficial effect on your throat - or on your colon."- Melita Gordon, a consultant gastroenterologist
- Facts: This is never true. The daughter is probably has been mentally retarded since forever. Or American education system has contributed to that.
It is very funny to see when people are just so confident in saying stupid things. Whale sperm and salty sea water?-The Chukai Insider